Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's all work together

Go down 
+5
Coope46
mjandersen
Oyml
Loggerhead
16kitties
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
16kitties

16kitties

Let's all work together Empty
PostSubject: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 4:51 pm

The way I see it, we've got a lot happening on several different fronts that seem to somehow all be connected. First, the issue of SY comics being removed from history for some unknown reason. Second, LittleSmartAxe's strange posts and behavior. Third, the appearance of a real life in the flesh Johnny Delta (who is extremely hot in jodphurs IMHO) in the vlog of Charity Kong on YouTube. He claims to be trying to protect an individual whose name is Rory Enright which brings us to the website briandiffracted.net. This website was set up by Brian Enright's brother when Brian (who is an exceptionally talented comics artist whose drawings seem to come straight out of SY comics) went missing. I submit that Rory is Brian's brother who works across the street from Charity Kong's aunt's antique shop and is some kind of a scientist. Now, how does all this fit together?
Back to top Go down
Loggerhead

Loggerhead

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 am

Links!

Charity Kong: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYTBlJrL5Tie5mtg31e8V_w

Rory and Brian Enright: http://briandiffracted.net

Bewilderment!
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 am

I am not familiar with the SY mythos, but I stumbled upon this site from investigations into the Charity Kong channel and the Brian Diffracted site. I have a couple of questions about the SY universes that I hope might lead to paths for further research.

I may be chasing a dead end here, but the sketch of Laminar from the briandiffracted site has a logo for SPQA. Does anyone remember such a thing from the SY comics? What does it stand for and how does it relate to the world of Laminar?

Was there ever a group presented in the comics that were known for wearing bowler hats? Based on the Charity Kong channel, the appearance of "Bowlers" in Seattle is what prompted Michael (who resembles Johnny Delta) to show concern. I'm wondering how this might have been predicted by SY.
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:23 am

Can someone with more knowledge of image manipulation than I have please take a look at the graphic at the top of briandiffracted. I swear there are letters or numbers in that Martian landscape. Looks like 88 on the left side. I've inverted the image both in color and b&w but still can't make it out. Looks like some kind of face with hair hidden on the right side. Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me but would one of you photoshop gurus work some magic to humor an old lady? TIA!
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 12:22 pm

16kitties wrote:
Can someone with more knowledge of image manipulation than I have please take a look at the graphic at the top of briandiffracted. I swear there are letters or numbers in that Martian landscape. Looks like 88 on the left side. I've inverted the image both in color and b&w but still can't make it out. Looks like some kind of face with hair hidden on the right side. Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me but would one of you photoshop gurus work some magic to humor an old lady? TIA!
I'm no photoshop guru by a long shot, but I'm not really seeing anything when filtering by various colors. It would make sense that indigo and orange would be potential targets based on the website (and the Newton discussion), but I don't know how to filter that much. I also looked at the 2 sketches and tried to filter them by color values, but I'm not seeing anything hidden in them either.

Steganography might yield some results, but I'm not really up too much on that and I with multiple ways to hide text within an image, I wouldn't really know where to start looking.
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Oyml wrote:

Steganography might yield some results, but I'm not really up too much on that and I with multiple ways to hide text within an image, I wouldn't really know where to start looking.

I looked at the file extensions on the images on the website and they seem to all be png files. The steg software I have won't work on png files so...dead end.
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

PostSubject: Magic Leap and Rory Enright???   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 2:42 pm

So I went and watched the Charity Kong YouTube video Part 21 on Rory Enright again, listening more closely. I couldn't quite make out what the two men were talking about at the coffee bar, but when Charity showed his car, I believe she said "in the Magic Leap parking lot". So, I googled Magic Leap and found this website: magicleapdotcom. Checked on Amazon and then the web for the glasses. Found a carrying case on Amazon that has one review. No glasses to be found for sale. Did a WhoIs on the site but no joy: private registration. These Magic Leap One glasses are for augmented reality viewing and you can create your own augmented reality. Maybe its a real thing...but quite the coinkydink. Somebody else please watch the video and see if you can make out what the guys are saying and confirm that I heard "Magic Leap parking lot". TIA!
PS this not being able to post links is a pain...just sayin

Last edited by 16kitties on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : change alternate to augmented)
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

PostSubject: Magic Leap is a go!   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 6:22 pm

OMG ya'll! Charity Kong just confirmed in the comments on the Rory Enright video that he does work for Magic Leap! I'd post a link but you know the rules...maybe Loggerhead is watching and will do my heavy lifting for me. So now what? A new site to poke through. Lawd like we don't have enough to figure out already. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 6:46 pm

This is what I hear in the discussion:

Charity Kong video wrote:
Unknown guy: Still working on the {artifacts? *something* defects?} in the BP7's?
Rory Enright: Yeah.
Unknown: We're already on the 8's. Moving on the 9's soon, I hear.
Rory Enright: Yeah. Cleaning up some loose ends. How about you?
Unknown: Same thing we do everyday, {Pinkie?}. Try to recast in the world mesh.
There's a couple of things I can't make out completely, so they are in brackets with what I think I hear.

I also hear Magic Leap, but the closed captioning on the channel (which appears to be speech recognition) comes up with Magic Elite, which I don't think is correct.

I'm not sure whether the Magic Leap in the video is the same as the Magic Leap that makes the headsets. Although there is a job listing for a Seattle location, I can't find any offices for Magic Leap in Seattle. Everything I can find appears to be in Plantation, FL, about as far away as you can get in the continental US.
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

PostSubject: Charity confirmed the Magic Leap connection   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Oyml wrote:
This is what I hear in the discussion:

Charity Kong video wrote:
Unknown guy: Still working on the {artifacts? *something* defects?} in the BP7's?
Rory Enright: Yeah.
Unknown: We're already on the 8's. Moving on the 9's soon, I hear.
Rory Enright: Yeah. Cleaning up some loose ends. How about you?
Unknown: Same thing we do everyday, {Pinkie?}. Try to recast in the world mesh.
There's a couple of things I can't make out completely, so they are in brackets with what I think I hear.

I also hear Magic Leap, but the closed captioning on the channel (which appears to be speech recognition) comes up with Magic Elite, which I don't think is correct.

I'm not sure whether the Magic Leap in the video is the same as the Magic Leap that makes the headsets. Although there is a job listing for a Seattle location, I can't find any offices for Magic Leap in Seattle. Everything I can find appears to be in Plantation, FL, about as far away as you can get in the continental US.

Thanks for listening to it. Charity confirmed that Rory works for Magic Leap. The site has a place where you can sign up for updates. Did that. Got a "welcome" email back. I think that its the right site. The content is too coincidental: augmented reality and the mention of comics and art and color theory. Just gotta figure out the connection. There's a lot of content on that site.
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 7:15 pm

I found a hidden game. At the bottom of the site is a "Made with [heart] in Florida." If you move your mouse over the heart, it turns into a palm tree. Doing it again makes it become and orange. Doing it again makes it become a rainbow. If you click the rainbow, a game pops up in the bottom third of the screen in which you control a flying orca, avoiding airplanes and capturing unicorns. My high score was a 4, but I wasn't trying that hard.

Doesn't really expand knowledge much, but something I found regardless.
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 7:52 pm

I've been digging deeper into the Magic Leap site. It is very very very detailed. I'm sure that some of you computer gaming super coders would drool all over it. What they're developing sounds fascinating but I'm starting to have niggling doubts that its the right site. There's so much there and not seeing any obvious connections to our guy Rory. Sigh. I'll keep digging.
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 am

Magic Leap is a company in the mixed reality space - interestingly and unrelated to this investigation, while I was trying to find evidence of Stupendous Yarns I stumbled across Magic Leap's own holy grail of a comic book - the 2012 issue "Magic Leapers". Considerably easier to track down than the Wasserstein Grail, but still not the easiest thing to find.

https://www.cnet.com/news/check-out-the-magic-leap-comic-book-that-inspired-its-headset-design/
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 8:25 am

So, Rony Abrowitz, CEO and founder of Magic Leap, has an email address of rAbovitz at magicleap.com according to https://www dot vcnewsdaily dot com/Magic%20Leap/venture-funding.php. Anyone wanna venture a try at emailing rEnright at magicleap.com?
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 8:27 am

Good find Oyml. I'll try it.
Back to top Go down
Coope46

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 1:17 pm

I created a subreddit for this it is just r/CharityKong feel free to post any findings you have there too
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Sweet. I would have created a subreddit, but I had no idea what to call it since there's 3 different starting places for this.
Back to top Go down
Coope46

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 1:34 pm

I learned about the youtube videos first and I think that is the place that most people are gonna find it so thats why I named it after the channel. Hopefully the people running the show get into contact with me so they can moderate it how they want or help me put it all together. Right now submissions are open to the public but if I start getting a lot of spam I might close it to approved submitters.
Back to top Go down
SK8

SK8

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 2:06 pm

16kitties wrote:
Good find Oyml. I'll try it.

Did you guys hear anything back?
Back to top Go down
YankeeWhite

YankeeWhite

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Wow! Nice find with the Magic Leap email address @oyml.

Thanks for setting up the subreddit @coope46.

I've made contact with Rory  renright @ magicleap.com!

Quote :

warning - slow repsonse
I am head-down in a critical project right now. I will try to read messages, but I may not be able to respond immediately.

If you are experiencing difficulty with the PEQ 7A and were directed to contact me, I will get back to you as soon as I can.

EDIT
Rory got back to me!
Quote :
Are you a friend of Brian's? Have you seen him?

You said you were a fan of the comics that inspired his sketches. He always said he just made them up ... but then, strict truthfulness was never his long suit.

Obviously, I want to know more if you have more to tell.

If you get this message, please respond.

Rory Enright

PS - I think it would be better to use this email address than the one from work. Thank you.

Use this email:
optagon1 @ gmail.com
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Yes! I sent but got no response. Way to make contact!
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Freaking awesome!
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 4:51 pm

There is a Twitter account for a Charity Kong. I tweeted her but no response. She has no tweets or followers/following if it's her except me.
Back to top Go down
YankeeWhite

YankeeWhite

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 8:00 am

Just adding that Rory's title at Magic Leap is Senior Optical Engineer. I left that out yesterday, just putting it out there for completeness.
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Charity's latest video gave me chills. Rory has been here (Hi, Rory!).

Michael has answers that we need to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's all work together   Let's all work together Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's all work together
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was  :: YARNIE CENTRAL :: New Members Post Here!-
Jump to: