Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Loggerhead

Loggerhead

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS   ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 9:23 am

Yesterday I got a phone call from none other than LilSmartAx, a.k.a. Muriel, who left the board a little while ago.

She's in possession of the Wasserstein Grail (!!!!!!!!), obtained from the sale of a storage unit belonging to Henry Wasserstein's widow (now deceased).

She thinks it's authentic judging by the Johnny Delta cover - her discovery. The bad news: soon after she brought the Grail home, she started seeing what others have report: the men in bowler hats.  She lost her job, apartment, credit rating.

I expect she's pretty scared although - if you've never talked to her, Muriel's voice is pretty hard to get a read on.  I can't honestly say we got much of a rapport going. She's being very careful about who she talks nowadays.

HERE'S THE THING she wants to offload that Grail before things get any worse.  She's about the stubbornest person I ever met so this can only mean she's right at the end of her tether.  She's talked to her own people - some of them on the board - she's comfortable enough to make the drop.

We agreed on a public setting - in fact New York Comic Con itself - details to be announced. Obviously we'll be setting ourselves up to the same danger she's facing. The good news is that there are more of us and that, well, we're the Yarnies.

Updates and plan to follow!

Last edited by Loggerhead on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flubber
Admin
Flubber

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS   ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 9:37 am

I'm in extreme disagreement with this idea. We're exposing ourselves to risk from a completely unknown group of people. Contacting you offline.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theyarnies.com
SK8

SK8

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS   ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 9:40 am

It'd be worth it to show people a yellow scorpion!
Back to top Go down
Loggerhead

Loggerhead

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS   ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 3:15 pm

UPDATE!

*MEMBERS ONLY POST! CONFIDENTIAL!*

There was spirited (ahem) discussion regarding the Grail and we now have a plan that satisfies all parties.

IF YOU'RE AT COMIC CON:
If at all possible please come by the booth at 3:45pm on Friday to help out.

Bring a friend! We want to do this safely and discreetly and the more people we have on hand, the better.

IF YOU'RE COMING, DM me for further instructions.

!!!!!

(I'll repost in the NYCC forum)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS   ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS Empty

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Grail is coming to Comic Con!!!!!! UPDATED - SEE COMMENTS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was  :: YARNIE CENTRAL :: New Members Post Here!-
Jump to: