Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The grand unified theory of one or two things.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Garfield_minus_Jim

Garfield_minus_Jim

The grand unified theory of one or two things. Empty
PostSubject: The grand unified theory of one or two things.   The grand unified theory of one or two things. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 4:21 pm

O.K., I'm going to be posting my theory on what I think is going on.

So, we know that Brian Enright talked to his brother, Rory, as a child about Laminar and Old Gnarly. These two world were also feature in Stupefying Yarns. When Rory learned about this, he assumed Brian was lying about inventing the worlds. But that may not be what happened.

In one of the responses from Grenbaum Arts academy, the description of the scene goes of on a very unusual tangent.
Letter wrote:
If you can use your pencil to convey her exhaustion, YOU could have a career it[sic] graphic storytelling! If, more than that, you can supply the dread behind those eyes, the way simple things these days-the whistle of a kettle, a snapping twig-can make her heart jump and struggle like a wren trapped in her chest;if you can imply the number of times, these last few week, she has found herself in a room, not knowing how she got there... it might be best if you chose carefully before cultivating your talents. Some doors, once open, are hard to close

This seems to imply a couple of things
  • That some people have the ability to see into the "other worlds" in the comics
  • That those who choose to use this ability are in some kind of danger, presumably from the "bowlers"
  • That Brian was one of the people with this mysterious ability

So we have brain, who, seemingly unbeknownst to him, is using a mystical psychic power to get inspiration for his comics, and that there is a shadowy, possibly supernatural organization attempting to hunt down people with said powers. It seems pretty clear what happened to poor Brian.

However, that is not all. Two throwaway comment from Michael could reveal something crucially important.

in "Evil is Only Entertaining When... (Part 10)" Charity says this:
Charity wrote:
...and then he said he wanted to know what was popular, so i gave him our HBO pass so he could watch Westworld, and Game of Thrones, which he said was like something out of "old gnarly."
Not only does Michael know about old gnarly, he talks about it like one might a work of fiction. Of course, that doesn't prove anything about how he knows about it. He might be looking into it through one of his fancy machines, for all we know. But this other, oft overlooked, quote from the same video, does. When she brings up the avengers, charity mentions this:
Charity wrote:
Where he comes from, they have a company like marvel, except it's called Stupefying Diversions

This just makes the whole thing click. After all, why should our world be the only one with cross-world psychics? The similarity in names even seems to imply a crude form of communication between them. What's interesting to note is that Micheal never compares our world to anything in his telex, so it doesn't seem like Stupefying Diversions publishes comics based on us. Then again, we probably don't make for very interesting reading.

So yeah, that's my theory. Feel free to add any thoughts you might have!
Back to top Go down
docwho2100

docwho2100

PostSubject: Re: The grand unified theory of one or two things.   The grand unified theory of one or two things. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 5:15 am

I had typed this nice reply - but I am not sure what happened to it (forum board munching on my posts). I do not remember everything I wrote, but I did make a note about Brian being able to identify Indigo as maybe tied to the mention of Brian seeing "other" things/places and how I like that whole Indigo parable.

I also had brought up the first Telex machine message and the use of the word calved - that term is often used when ice chunks/icebergs split off (calve off) of larger ice sheets. Are we an iceberg from Michael's "reality" and that is why so many do not remember SY, the memories are "melting" away as we move further away (in time??) from the main splintering point?

And last, I am very curious about the Worldmesh concept and wonder how it fits in.
Back to top Go down
Garfield_minus_Jim

Garfield_minus_Jim

PostSubject: Re: The grand unified theory of one or two things.   The grand unified theory of one or two things. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 9:42 am

To me, the indigo/orange thing seemed like it implied that the boundaries between worlds were blurred. It also brings to mind the "great scorpio debate". Could it be related to the Mandela effect?
Back to top Go down
docwho2100

docwho2100

PostSubject: Re: The grand unified theory of one or two things.   The grand unified theory of one or two things. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 11:06 am

Garfield_minus_Jim wrote:
To me, the indigo/orange thing seemed like it implied that the boundaries between worlds were blurred. It also brings to mind the "great scorpio debate". Could it be related to the Mandela effect?

In my Tech notes I did list the Scorpious Debate and equated it to the Blue/Black Dress and the fact that is actually connected to neuroscience/visual/perception principles - https://jov.arvojournals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2617976

And then... there is this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The grand unified theory of one or two things.   The grand unified theory of one or two things. Empty

Back to top Go down

The grand unified theory of one or two things.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was  :: YARNIE CENTRAL :: New Members Post Here!-
Jump to: