Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grunbaum Academy of Art

Go down 
+2
docwho2100
destinies
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Garfield_minus_Jim

Garfield_minus_Jim

Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 1:32 pm

Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 20181012
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 2:23 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 6:37 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ms26FE4emdDVO0SiuRUepwnej6lU9TUwlXJCMOV2Hgw/edit?usp=sharing

This is my analysis of the comic panel descriptions with some notes.
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 8:37 pm

One minor tweak: my letter (the one that introduces the CSRF) was the one with the KINGSROOD reference.

...and based on the Major Renati video (#3 for the night?!?) it sounds like Rory might know more about Kingsrood.
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 2:48 am

I made the correction. Thanks!

Things sure seem to be heating up in this tale. I just hope no one (except Kingsrood, that is) gets burned.
Back to top Go down
docwho2100

docwho2100

PostSubject: KINGSROOD   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 5:08 am

mjandersen wrote:
Adding to the list!
Also, I didnt realize Muriel's pal HPG was a Grunbaum until seeing the return address on the mailing!

Also, noticed there are a few letters missing from my note: specifically, ones that spell out KINGSROOD. Did I miss people talking about that in prior letters, or is that new for this batch?

It looks like we have a connect to KINGSROOD as Rory mentioned it in the latest video (they bought Brian's drawings - trying to snap up SY mentions?) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDzxtfcqX7g

What might this mean - is this the BOWLERs?
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 6:48 am

I think it is definitely them. I think it was mentioned somewhere that the people who bought up Brian's drawings were well-dressed men in bowler hats, and I am pretty sure they were the same people he's identifying as Kingsrood in the last video.
Back to top Go down
docwho2100

docwho2100

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Working on collecting all references to the Bowlers/Kingsrood in my research documents - are these all of the mentions we've had so far?

Initial Charity Flyer
Mailed Telex Message - Bowlers and Three World War
Lilsmartax Twitter Mentions
Grunbaum Kingsrood Missing Letters Letter
Charity Kong Video Mentions (the videos and also in the comments of a couple videos)
Rory Reply on Yarnies Forum (regarding them visiting his mother to buy Brian's pictures)

others?

Edit - added the Rory Mention - I've not listed the individual mentions here from Charity's videos - will itemize on the longer document Smile  thanks oyml

Edit 2 - I just realized this is in the wrong discussion - I am copying this over in the Bowler/Kingsrood discussion and will continue to update there - http://www.theyarnies.com/t40-kingsrood-and-the-bowler-hats

Last edited by docwho2100 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 3:04 am

I think that's it.

Edit: Actually, wasn't it mentioned by Rory somewhere that Rory's mother was visited by well-dressed gentlemen who came to buy Brian's drawings, possibly wearing bowler hats? This was mentioned again in the Major Renati video when he thought Charity was Kingsrood before she turned on the camera.

Edit2: Yep.
Rory_Enright wrote:
For rather unexpected reasons, something made me think of Brian's drawings late this spring. I asked my mother to ship his sketchbooks to me, but was surprised to find she had sold them to a collector a year before. He was a well-dressed man with a British accent who claimed he was a big fan of Brian's art. He even showed her what seemed to be a letter in Brian's hand assuring her that she should take the money (our father was dealing with some very expensive health issues.)

The only reason I mention it here was triggered by something in Mr. White's note. After the deal was made, a second man - he seemed like an assistant, my mom said - arrived to carry the artwork away. Like the first man, he was wearing a suit - but also a bowler hat. It struck her as odd.
Back to top Go down
YankeeWhite

YankeeWhite

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 12:04 pm

Some major updates from New York Comic Con (NYCC) thanks to Yarnie mjandersen.
First a letter from H.P.G., or Horace P. Grunbaum, asking for more help at NYCC.
Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 Passwo10

Next is more comic scene description, also from NYCC
Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 Nycc_010

Finally, I noticed Muriel's scene from Twitter has not made it over, at least I didn't see the an image of it.
Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 Muriel10
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 12:52 pm

The hand with the wedding ring has to be Sybil, and she's picking the leaves. This leads further credence to my theory that she is poisoning her husband, the stout man. I still feel that she is doing this unbeknownst to herself, though, and is being driven to this by outside forces and without her knowledge. Likely by Kingsrood.
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Got a few more since the last posting -

Woman contemplates poisoning someone
DOG!!!
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 7:44 pm

Sorry, one last one - picture I took on location was bad, so I had to redo it.Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 Grunba10
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 3:59 am

Looks like I've got some transcribing to do. I'll repost the link after I've added the new panel pieces.
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Apparently neglected to upload one. Oops! See below from our newest member, Chimerrata.

Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 Foxglo10
Back to top Go down
docwho2100

docwho2100

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 1:37 pm

YAY more scenes and members and booo foxglove... Digitalis not so good....
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Yay for me nailing it though. tongue
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Chimerrata managed to finagle another one tonight! Also reposting the one I put in the wrong thread, here.

Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 Eurydi10

Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 Poetry10
Back to top Go down
Garfield_minus_Jim

Garfield_minus_Jim

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 1:16 pm

It seems to me that we're supposed to collaborate on drawing the comic.
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 1:20 pm

I'm absolutely no artist. Personally, I think we need to piece together the story.
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 5:42 pm

My weekend didn't quite go as planned, and I only just now got around to transcribing the Grunbaum panels. They can be found here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ms26FE4emdDVO0SiuRUepwnej6lU9TUwlXJCMOV2Hgw/edit?usp=sharing

I received my letter from Grunbaum on Saturday, but with everything else going on, I didn't get a chance to post it. This is the scan of the letter: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ckeh12y-6QhIfx3moCSS61f_Xj0fE8Sc/view?usp=sharing

Of note was the envelope: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vofs8SzJsR1vENkOKjz_zSWRk_J-3uwK/view?usp=sharing

The return address was from the Four Points Hotel in Midtown Manhatten, not far from the site of the NYCC. The postmark is from New York, not Pasadena. My guess is that Grunbaum was on site at NYCC.

The art test is of note for a few reasons. First, we have the Colorado Secured Research Facility, the CSRF mentioned in the funeral panel. Second, our portly friend appears to be named Von Fuchs, but that may just be an assumption at this point. Third is the reappearance of the triple peaks of a mountain, first seen early in the story where Gloria/Glory seems to be performing a transformative spell on Sybil in order to have her poison her husband. When searching for triple peaks colorado, I came across a few mentions of a rehab center in Colorado Springs. I have to wonder if this part of the story is happening in Colorado Springs.

I didn't really do much analysis on the story like with my original document, but there are definite themes running through them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grunbaum Academy of Art   Grunbaum Academy of Art - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grunbaum Academy of Art
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was  :: YARNIE CENTRAL :: New Members Post Here!-
Jump to: