Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SK8

SK8

Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net? Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net?   Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net? EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 7:58 am

Has anyone found contact info? Because I don’t think this person even knows about the group getting rid of Stupefying Yarns. And if that connects to whatever’s going on with Brian then - this is just weird.

I poked around and didn’t see any obvious contact info but then I’m not a computer guy!! I just fall off skateboards. If there’s anyone who knows about this stuff (and isn’t way too high-minded about privacy - thanks Kevin) maybe you could try?
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net?   Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net? EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 10:17 am

Couple thoughts on contacting Rory:

* I don't think anybody has reached out to Charity yet, but she's managed to locate his home - if we were able to convince her to drop a picture of the newly discovered Stupefying Yarns cover into his mailbox with a link to these forums, that might be a way to make contact.

It'd probably take a gentle touch - I don't think jumping straight in and saying "hey, y'know that guy you're with, who's paying you to stalk someone? He might be a comic book character come to life or something" would work out too well, straight off the bat.

* From Charity's recent video, we know Rory works at Magic Leap. If we know the format their email addresses take, knowing his first/last name and company might be enough to reach out. Not a perfect solution (spam filters being what they are), but something to consider.
Back to top Go down
Oyml

Oyml

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net?   Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 6:12 am

mjandersen wrote:
It'd probably take a gentle touch - I don't think jumping straight in and saying "hey, y'know that guy you're with, who's paying you to stalk someone? He might be a comic book character come to life or something" would work out too well, straight off the bat.
16 commented on the last video with pretty much that and got a "well-coordinated troll fest" and "freaking out" response back. I'm interested in what happens in her next video.
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net?   Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 8:30 am

Worth noting that Rory updated the BrianDiffracted site now that he found us here:

http://briandiffracted.net/brian

rory enright wrote:
UPDATE:  I've learned some things. The sketches Brian made - the worlds of Laminar and Old Gnarly - come from a publisher named Stupefying Yarns from way back in the early days of comics.

I just met a group of fans of Stupefying Yarns called The Yarnies. What they tell me is that someone's erasing every trace of Stupefying Yarns and those comics. You can't find them any more; you can barely find any mention of Stupefying Yarns at all.

I don't know where Brian is, He loved those comics. They disappeared, now Brian has. The Yarnies think it's related. I don't know what that would mean. I'm not inclined to conspiracy theories but there's a lot going on here I don't understand.

Does anyone? If you do please contact us. We're at theyarnies.com.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net?   Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can anyone reach the maker of BrianDiffracted.net?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was  :: YARNIE CENTRAL :: New Members Post Here!-
Jump to: