Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for help

Go down 
+5
16kitties
destinies
SkyBandit
Flubber
Loggerhead
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Loggerhead

Loggerhead

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 1:15 pm

<ahem>

We have a lost member. 

As some of you know, there was a http://www.theyarnies.com/t13-the-great-scorpius-debate on the main board - my fault actually - and one of us dropped out of the board. Then things got a little weirder. 

We *think* she got hold of what we call the Wasserstein Grail - there's more about it http://www.theyarnies.com/t11-grail-sighting. It's a cache of Stupefying Yarns material we've been talking about for ages but nobody thought it existed or how she found it. She put up a last post with a photo of it and that's the last we heard. And even that post was kind of weird. 

I've tried her email and heard nothing back. If any of you know her - online or off - and can get a message, let us know?
Back to top Go down
YankeeWhite

YankeeWhite

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 3:14 pm

No bueno.
I feel I've got little to offer, being a total SY Newbie. I will agree the Grail image post was weird.
don't @ me followed by numbers: 2-1-15.
Sidenote: On the image hosting site the image is titled 'galaha10'. At first I searched Galaha and got a town in Sri Lanka.
But then lightbulb!
GALAHAD!
Of holy grail legend. But that's as far as I got with that, sorry.

I'll send a friendly private message to her on the boards. Maybe a new person free of forum "drama" can do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Flubber
Admin
Flubber

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 7:52 am

I'm going to add that there's evidence of security compromise to the board itself, probably by Muriel herself - she or somebody else posted from Skybandit's account and changed his avatar portrait to match hers. She was always fairly skeptical of my technical abilities, never mind that we're working with a free forum toolkit that I argued against.

I asked SkyBandit to keep the picture as-is in case it matters but it's up to him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theyarnies.com
SkyBandit

SkyBandit

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 7:53 am

Fine by me. Looks like somebody riding a very funny-looking horse? Donkey? ...?
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 am

I sent her a friend request on the Forum and she replied to me saying that she no longer did the forum for obvious reasons and for me to find her so we could be friends. I replied to her message but no response so far. I will post the actual contents of both messages as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
destinies

destinies

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 9:49 am

SkyBandit wrote:
Fine by me. Looks like somebody riding a very funny-looking horse? Donkey? ...?

Looks like it might be a kanga to me. They were giant kangaroos used by the Amazons as mounts in DC Comics. And that would match with the quote your hacker posted, which refers to Wonder Woman. (Still puzzled by "5-2-9," though.)

The panels here resemble the art in your and LilSmartAx's icons, Skybandit. And look at those outfits! Pretty close, right?

Looking for help Hunpss14d

No luck finding the exact panel/issue your icons might come from on my end, though. The outfits aren't *exactly* the same. I'll keep Googling!

EDIT: Closer... here are panels from Wonder Woman #1 (1942). Outfit's a better match for LilSmartAx's icon, but no kanga.

Looking for help 6a00d8345158e369e200e553fabdcf8834-450wi
Back to top Go down
destinies

destinies

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 am

WOO! GOT HER! The panel's from All Star Comics #8, Wonder Woman's first appearance.

Now to figure out how that helps us...

Looking for help Ww%2B6
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Probably nothing but the "don't @ me" line was used before on the forum by another member. Coinkydink?
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Also, here's the actual message from LSA: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:31 am Topic: don't
I don't do the forums any more for reasons that I hope are obvious. Find me and maybe then we can be "friends."
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 4:36 pm

And my response to her: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:22 pm Topic: Re: don't
Thanks for at least pming me. I hate it when I send a friend request and get crickets in response. So the "regulars" on the forum seem to have some ummmm "negative" feelings toward you. Since I'm new here, obviously I am clueless as to why that might be. Care to enlighten the noob? Must have something to do with the Grail. And any clues as to how to find you would also be helpful. I prefer to form my own opinion of people from geto know them versus gossip from strangers so I hope we can talk.
Back to top Go down
YankeeWhite

YankeeWhite

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Great Wonder Woman find @destinies! I did I quick search but came up empty.
Here's my interaction with LSA:
Quote :

Hi, I'm a new Yarnie. I've recently learned about SY and found this community. They've been very welcoming so far and I think what they got here is great. Look I don't know what happened before on the forums and that doesn't matter. Everyone is concerned about you. If you could make contact that would be great.
BTW Scorpius is purple, true yarnies know that.  
And her reply:
Quote :
Find me. Then we'll talk.  
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 6:35 pm

So I've been watching an intriguing vlog that I stumbled upon while searching YouTube for time travel stuff (I love Outlander). Today, the vlogger, Charity Kong, was doing her version of surveillance on a guy named Rory...wait for it...ENRIGHT! They both live in the Seattle area. Ok here's the best part...the supposed time Traveller she's been helping wears jodphurs, jokes about being a mechanic and says he's from Yugoslavia. He also bears more than a passing resemblance to Brian Enright's Johnny Delta. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SK8

SK8

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 9:57 am

@16kitties I missed your post last night! How do we reach him? Google is giving me nothing. ROC hasn't found anything.

This video feed is WILD https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYTBlJrL5Tie5mtg31e8V_w

Johnny Delta?????? The jodhpurs check out but imma have to see some jetpack...

Holy f*cking shit people.
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:08 am

Don't have an answer to this odd riddle left for us by the two Grail Sighting posts, but thought sharing my wrong turns might get some folks on the right track...

At first the fact that the file name is galaha10.jpg implies to me that there's some way we should be using this information to turn numbers into letters (in the case of the file name, a 10 into a "D") - however, that seems to be true of how a lot of the servimg hosted files here are formatted, so looks like a dead end. Still an interesting line of thought to pursue, at least.

First thought: using a simple alphabetic cipher (A=1, B=2, etc) makes the numbers 2-1-15 / 5-2-9 spell out a hopeful "BAO / EBI" - but while I'd love to think that means we just need to look for an Asian fusion restaurant, I suspect it's not that easy.

So, it probably involves the Wonder Woman comic destinies tracked down, somehow (and holy wow, great job at that!) 15 is too big of a number to index against words. Trying it against the letters in the panel is a dead end, spelling out "NAHONL".

Another route of using the Wonder Woman comic is noticing that the number sequence 2-1-15/5-2-9 has 7 digits. Combined with the 712 (that's the only panel where Wonder Woman is to the left of her Amazonian competitor), you might have enough for a phone number (with 712 either at the beginning or ending of that string). 211 isn't a valid area code, so there would technically only be one answer this way - however, I'm less comfortable with that route because it feels like a bit of a reach / doesn't seem definitive and I don't like guessing with peoples' phone numbers. It also doesn't feel like <finding> them so we can be friends.

At any rate, those are the possibilities I've noodled with so far.
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 4:49 pm

The 2-1-15 looks like a date to me at first glance. 5-2-9 I don't have a clue unless they're both referencing volumes/issues/years???? Of what? We're either missing something or we don't have enough clues yet.
Back to top Go down
destinies

destinies

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 11:19 am

Alright, I've been thinking about this because I'm still puzzled!

I was thinking in a different direction but didn't seem to get too far with it. Looking at the WW quote @skybandit posted:

skybandit wrote:
"a woman to whom the problems and feats of men are mere child's play"

Is it possible that 5-2-9 corresponds to words in that quote? So a = 1, woman = 2, etc. That gives us 5 = the, 2 = woman, and 9 = of. But "the woman of"... what? Does it have to do with 2-1-15? (There was a Wonder Woman issue published on that date, but I'm not sure what that might have to do with anything.)

Since LilSmartAx said "don't @ me," maybe we're looking for a social handle?
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 12:39 pm

I think I might have tracked Muriel down - seems like she's taken steps to protect herself (through quite a few ways), so I think it's safe to share what follows. (highlight to read)

Back to top Go down
Garfield_minus_Jim

Garfield_minus_Jim

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 pm

mjandersen wrote:
I think I might have tracked Muriel down - seems like she's taken steps to protect herself (through quite a few ways), so I think it's safe to share what follows. (highlight to read)

Highlight what?
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 pm

There's white text under that post with the answer/explanation.
Back to top Go down
Garfield_minus_Jim

Garfield_minus_Jim

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 7:12 pm

Ah, it wasn't working before, for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Looking for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for help   Looking for help Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was  :: YARNIE CENTRAL :: New Members Post Here!-
Jump to: