Fighting for the Golden Age comics publisher THEY say never was
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome, New Yarnies!

Go down 
+3
SkyBandit
YankeeWhite
Loggerhead
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Loggerhead

Loggerhead

Welcome, New Yarnies! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 6:02 am

If you're here you either remember Stupefying Yarns ( Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ) or are discovering it for the first time...either way, welcome to the site. We have an FAQ for beginners or you can dive right into the comics threads and current events.

We're glad to have you. Questions, comments and memories of the Yarns are welcome!

(this area is here because of repeated disruptions and harassment on previous iterations of the site. Please bear with us while whatever-it-was gets straightened out)
Back to top Go down
YankeeWhite

YankeeWhite

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 4:39 am

Hello! I'm YankeeWhite and I love a good internet mystery. I'm new to Stupefying Yarns and excited to learn more. Recently a cover for "Johnny Delta in Bandit of the Sky" surfaced on Twitter along with a note about a pinstripe suit gentleman buying up SY memorabilia.

I'd like to help uncover more, but don't want to get caught up in some nefarious conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
Loggerhead

Loggerhead

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 4:54 am

Welcome, YankeeWhite! So glad you spoke up!

YankeeWhite wrote:
Recently a cover for "Johnny Delta in Bandit of the Sky" surfaced on Twitter

I think I speak for all of us when I say: Great Googly Moogly! Can you post a picture???? Anybody?
Back to top Go down
YankeeWhite

YankeeWhite

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 7:04 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!
These photos come from ARGInsider on Twitter. They included the backside of the cover which has a mailing address for an old school artistic Aptitude Test. I'm seriously gonna mail it if I can find a stamp. (What's a stamp? LOL)

Gosh I hope these don't stretch the forum too much, it's been so long I've forgotten some of the forum tricks I used to know, especially for taming some of the larger images.
Welcome, New Yarnies! Jdelta11
Welcome, New Yarnies! Jdelta10
Back to top Go down
SkyBandit

SkyBandit

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 9:04 am

YankeeWhite wrote:

I'd like to help uncover more, but don't want to get caught up in some nefarious conspiracy.

Too late!
Back to top Go down
mjandersen

mjandersen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 10:12 am

Wow YankeeWhite, that's quite the find!

The "Brian Diffracted" reference on the back of that cover is interesting - looks like there's a website at BrianDiffracted dot net featuring some sketches by an artist named Brian Enright...

Is it just me, or do those sketches look mighty familiar...did any Yarnies know him? Seems like he might have been a fan back in the day.

(Sorry for the less than ideal method of linking, but it looks like new members are restricted from posting links for a week to avoid the very real fears of link spamming)
Back to top Go down
destinies

destinies

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 am

Hi everyone! Found you all through Twitter and am fascinated by this forum. I'm an amateur comics collector but this is the first I've heard of Stupefying Yarns, and I must say, I'm intrigued. Wink

@YankeeWhite, I sent a letter to the address on the ad yesterday... kind of a long shot since it's probably been, what, 60, 70 years since that ad was posted? But I figured it couldn't hurt. My friends were joking that I'd get a confused response back. "Ma'am, this is a Wendy's now." Rolling Eyes We'll see!
Back to top Go down
YankeeWhite

YankeeWhite

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 10:50 am

Mailing my Talent Test request today!

(I know, I know, this is how people get caught up in nefarious conspiracies. Wink )
Back to top Go down
destinies

destinies

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 10:51 am

YankeeWhite wrote:
(I know, I know, this is how people get caught up in nefarious conspiracies.  Wink )

At least we'll all be caught up in a nefarious conspiracy together.
Back to top Go down
docwho2100

docwho2100

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Curious - I just sent mine out too... fine minds think alike? Or perhaps a wishful longing for what once was? Smile
Back to top Go down
16kitties

16kitties

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks for having me. Always loved comic books. Intrigued by the mystery surrounding SY. Mandela effect? Anyways, going to send off for art lessons also. Artistic tendencies run in my family LOL.
Back to top Go down
docwho2100

docwho2100

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 9:09 am

mjandersen wrote:
Wow YankeeWhite, that's quite the find!

The "Brian Diffracted" reference on the back of that cover is interesting - looks like there's a website at BrianDiffracted dot net featuring some sketches by an artist named Brian Enright...

Is it just me, or do those sketches look mighty familiar...did any Yarnies know him? Seems like he might have been a fan back in the day.

(Sorry for the less than ideal method of linking, but it looks like new members are restricted from posting links for a week to avoid the very real fears of link spamming)

I do wonder if there was some connection. Maybe there is a way to contact the brother and see if he ever noticed any SY materials around or if his brother ever mentioned it? I do hope his brother is found :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, New Yarnies!   Welcome, New Yarnies! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome, New Yarnies!
Page 1 of 1